Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Works"

From the beginning of today until this evening I was unable to sit down and write my daily devotion. It seemed other obligations would get in the way and I was frustrated for putting things before my blog. Then early this evening I went to my Bible study and realized why I waited all day to write. We are studying the book of John. He has so much to say but John makes it quite clear that we are to believe in Jesus. While we discussed the chapters I had one of those ah ha moments. Jesus states that we are to believe and trust. He says, in Chapter 5 that it is our “works” that will get us to heaven. Our “works” will be our Salvation. Our discussion then focused on the word “works”. Does that mean if we work in the church we are saved? Does it mean if we help the needy we are saved? No, Jesus states… Johns 5: 24 I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. This is what we strive toward daily, Believing in Jesus. This is our “works”. We continue our “works” by our education through Bible studies, Christian Fellowship and prayers to Jesus our Savior for the wisdom to discern the truth. What a joy it is to know that we are loved and blessed with the knowledge of God our Creator, Jesus our Savior and the Holy Spirit which fills our souls. Let us remember to praise God and rejoice in the love of Jesus. Smiles & Blessings, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment