Monday, September 27, 2010

Clutter

As I was biking this morning and talking with our Lord there were no wow moments. I simply enjoyed the ride…the weather is beautiful (even though it is going to hit 100’s again), the ride was not strenuous or difficult and it was a time of peace and serenity. All the while I am riding my thoughts return to my journal and the topic of today; nothing came to mind…that is until I arrived home and sat at my computer. While praying before beginning this daily blog…I looked at my desk and then the table with my typewriter (yes, I still have one) and my printer. It has clutter around it with several days work from my students, text books; candy (have to have some M&M”s handy) not to mention my Bible and dictionary. Oh, my goodness…clutter keeps us from our focus…God. We feel unorganized, pressed to get things done in a timely manner and stress as our surroundings are not peaceful or serene. So today I am praying we clear out the debris and make an environment that is God Like. You remember the saying that goes something like: “cleanliness is next to Godliness”….let us remember to be God like today as we clear a path to God and Jesus. If we don’t focus on the environment that allows our faith to grow, our faith will be bogged down with the mess of an ungodly life. What joy we feel when we turn to scripture, continue in Christian fellowship and build a strong prayer life. Proverbs 24:14 Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Go forth and enjoy the day as we enrich our lives with the Wisdom of God and the Love of Jesus. Smiles & Blessings, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment