Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Heartache / Forgiveness

The other day I was talking with a group of ladies about their childhoods. I was astounded by the number of women who had frightfully scary and sad lives. I noticed the body language as they talked it was evident as to whom had a strong faith and who didn’t. When walking with the Lord we are able to take our hurts and exchange them for the love and comfort of Jesus. The women discussed their abuse: abandonment, unloved, neglected or worse. While the Christian women spoke of abuse or neglect their facial expressions were tranquil and their voices were soft and pleasant. The women who are struggling with their faith spoke with harshness and looked very angry. They are unable to move forward with joy or love. They are unable to forgive. My heart goes out to these women as they are truly struggling with life. God shows us how to live, how to forgive and to share the life He has given us. I pray we embrace each day to follow the commands of God and to reach out to Jesus for the strength, wisdom and grace that awaits us. Only through Jesus are we fully able to forgive and find the joy in the day. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Let us go forward as the children of God and trust that He will heal our hurts and heartaches. Smiles & Blessing, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment