Friday, October 8, 2010

Life of Joy

This morning as I was riding my bike I was suddenly surprised by a younger woman saying hello as she rode past me…Actually she flew by me…in a moment I was filled with a competitive drive. I wanted to pedal all out and pass her. Aren’t we funny? What a silly thought after all I wasn’t biking to win a race but to enjoy the morning, give my sedentary body some exercise and to enjoy a quiet time with God. It brought to my attention that we are all living and loving God at different levels of faith; as well as at different stages of education. Some may read the Bible daily, pray constantly and choose friends that are Christians. Others may be just beginning to learn about Bible studies and the joy of prayer while some find Bible studies and prayer unnecessary to live a “happy” life. Living a life that has joy in our souls rather than that “happy” momentary goal is an aspiration that we can all work toward. Living with the wisdom of God, the miracles of Jesus and the touch of the Holy Spirit is the fulfillment of a Godly life. I pray we continue with our prayers, Bible study and Christian fellowship as we follow the commands of God and trust in Jesus. James 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Let us remember that a life of Joy is a life of God loving, Jesus trusting and our souls touched by the Holy Spirit. Smiles & Blessings, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment