Monday, November 22, 2010

Handling Disappointments

Unfortunately we all have disappointments in our lives, however the question is…how do we handle it? Are we gracious and understanding or are we harsh and demanding? I was thinking about this as I was remembered a comment I had heard. At first I was a bit miffed and wanted to respond…then I thought about God and wondered…how does He want me to handle it. I then knew being negative only begets negative. So instead of responding in an unconstructive manner I prayed for God to take care of it. Allowing God to help us cope with hurtful comments or actions relieves us of any further damaging conversations. It gives a sense of freedom to walk away and know our lives are being cared for by our Lord. We have opportunities daily to make choices…I pray today we stand aligned with God and hold our tongue when needed and speak of kindness rather than conducting ourselves in an ungodly manner. 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. So as we enjoy this week let us become "God like" in our circumstances, our decisions and our behaviors. May God Bless and Keep You! Smiles & Blessings, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment