Monday, December 13, 2010

Father's...Dad's...

As the anniversary of my father’s death nears I am reminded how he touched our lives. My brothers and I were each given different sets of rules…boys’ sports and outside chores and the girl inside chores and dance lessons. From the beginning we were taught to hone our skills and prepare for our futures. When growing up we didn’t understand the sacrifices our parents made in order for each us to achieve our goals. My Dad went off to work each day without complaints, did the best he could with his opportunities and enjoyed being a father. He brought laughter, song (he had a great voice) as well as love and compassion into our home each day. As he struggled with tough economic times he never once denied his children the joys of family blessings and the gifts of education. As a grown daughter it is sad to think it takes a life time, children of my own and his death to appreciate all his efforts. As children we expect our parents to be perfect and yet that is not possible… As my faith has grown so has my compassion, understanding and appreciation of life and the gifts given to each child; as I reminisce and recall my childhood I thank our Lord for an earthly father , who loved and cared for his family and a heavenly Father who blessed me with such amazing parents. Deuteronomy 5: 16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. I pray that we continue to thank God for our parents…for families… and the sacrifices each made. Smiles & Blessings, Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment