Thursday, July 23, 2015

Walking the Chosen Path,

As I was talking with a dear friend the other day I mentioned my grief and loss (from years ago) led me on  my path to the Lord. My friend answered we are "all" on the path God has chosen for us. I acknowledged the response, however later that night I realized that is not true.

Many chose another path, the path of selflessness, corruption, illegal activity and being a society Christian. It is easy to state one is "a Christian" but it is entirely different when you walk the walk and talk the talk.

Stepping beyond friends and society to keep the commands of God and go a different direction is tough. We all want to be part of the group...my thought is which groups is more important... God's or society? We are at a time when we cannot allow our children to listen to the news. as it is no longer censored for young ears.

I have a friend who mentioned there are no more G rated movies...not even Disney...so they want to be very protective what their young ones see. Which leads me to wonder what path are we choosing? I pray our faith is strong enough to endure the onslot of society's behaviors and disregard of God's commands.

So as we go forward today let us put on the armor of God, be thankful for His protection, and give praise for His continued mercy and grace.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will. 

We have an opportunity each day to choose the path of God...let us rejoice in our good fortune and praise His name through our close walk with our Lord. What could be sweeter than to know we walk the path of God's righteousness.

Smiles & Blessings,
Cynthia Collins Kaitfors

No comments:

Post a Comment